51. Photomultiplier tube (PMT) is not suitable for detection of:
|A. Visible photon||B. UV photon|
|C. Fluorescence||D. IR photon|
Ans.- D. IR photon
52. The region of mt-DNA used for species identification is:
|A. HV1||B. HV2|
|C. Cyt. b||D. D-loop|
Ans.- C. Cyt. b
mtDNA is primarily used for species identification by the analysis of the cytochrome b gene (CytB), the most common locus on mtDNA used for the identification of closely related species.
53. The refractive index (RI) of most of the glass sample encountered during forensic examination range between:
|A. 1.40-1.50||B. 1.6- 1.63|
|C. 1.51- 1.53||D. 1.55- 1.59|
Ans.- C. 1.51- 1.53
54. Arrange in correct sequence:
i. Careful collection of evidence
ii. Deciding the search pattern
iii. Preservation and packing of evidence
iv. Preservation and protection of crime scene
Select the correct option:
|A. iv-ii-iii-i||B. ii-i-iv-iii|
|C. iv-ii-i-iii||D. ii-i-iv-iii|
55. Half-life (T1/2) of archaeological objects can be determined by:
|A. ICP-MS||B. XRF|
|C. NAA||D. ICP-AES|
Ans.- C. NAA
The method is based on neutron activation and therefore requires a source of neutrons. This technique does not destroy the sample, and thus has been used for analysis of works of art and archeological Objects. NAA has applications in chemistry, geology, archeology, medicine, environmental monitoring and forensic science.
56. India became signatory to ‘Convention on International Trade in Endangered species’ (CITES) in the year:
|A. 1960||B. 1970|
|C. 1976||D. 1986|
Ans.- C. 1976
57. For Extraction from fire debris by dynamic adsorption:
i.) Tubes having charcoal are inserted into top of an airtight container.
ii.) It is a Destructive Method.
iii.) It is also known as adsorption-elution.
iv.) Container is cooled for accumulation of more accelerant into headspace.
|A. i, ii and iii||B. iii and iv|
|C. ii and iv||D. i and iii|
Ans.- D. i and iii
58. Which of the following is the cause of ‘Hooch Tragedy’?
|A. Formalin||B. Methanol|
|C. Acetaldehyde||D. Acetic Acid|
Ans.- B. Methanol
‘Hooch’ is a term used for spurious alcoholic preparations. Consumption of such alcohol is harmful or fatal.
Spurious liquors include: illicit liquor and denatured alcohol. The most common denaturants methanol, ethyl ether, acetone, acetaldehyde, camphor, amyl alcohol, isopropanol, cadmium iodide, terpinol, pyridine bases, colchicine, blue dye, chloroform, croton aldehyde, organo-phosphate, etc. Methyl alcohol (methanol) is a commonly used adulterant because of its appearance and taste similar to ethyl alcohol and its easy availability.
59. Typical LOD (ng/injection) value for Refractive Index detector in HPLC is:
|A. 100||B. 1|
|C. 0.1||D. 0.01|
Ans.- A. 100
60. Most of the chat and instant message conversation are stored in computer in:
|A. Hard Disk||B. RAM|
|C. Wintex||D. Slack space|
Ans.- B. RAM