21. The length of Amelogenin Locus in X-Chromosome is:
|A. 106 bp||B. 110 bp|
|C. 112 bp||D. 114 bp|
Ans.- A. 106 bp
The X- and Y-specific AMEL genes are 106 and 112 base pairs (bp) in length.
22. Statement 1 (S1):- Secondary explosive are reasonably insensitive to initiation.
Statement 2 (S2):-Secondary explosives require stronger energy to get detonated
Choose the correct answer:
|A. Both are correct||B. S1 correct, S2 incorrect|
|C. S1 incorrect, S2 correct||D. Both are incorrect|
Ans.- A. Both are correct
Secondary explosives do not easily detonate, do not readily initiate electrostatic, and require large shocks to explode. They include nitrocellulose, PETN, and desensitized nitroglycerine.
23. Soil sample when moistened with few drops of water and Conc. HCl gives yellow colour due to presence of:
|A. Lime||B. Iron.|
|C. Zinc||D. Aluminium|
Ans.- B. Iron.
24. The possible ‘Multiple Enzyme System’ (MES) among the following is:
|A. PGM, ESD, GLO||B. PGM, ADA, GLO|
|C. PGM, AK, GLO||D. ESD, ADA, AK|
Ans.- A. PGM, ESD, GLO
25. The correct order of steps involved in ‘Polymerase chain Reaction’ (PCR) is:
|A. Annealing, Denaturation, Elongation||B. Denaturation, Elongation, Annealing|
|C. Elongation, Denaturation, Annealing||D. Denaturation, Annealing, Elongation|
Ans.- D. Denaturation, Annealing, Elongation
Polymerase chain reaction consists of the three steps:
Denaturation- The two DNA strands of template DNA separate from each other when heated to 92℃.
Annealing- The primers anneal to the 3’ end of single strands of DNA.
Elongation- The primers are extended by DNA polymerase by the addition of nucleotides to form complete strands of DNA.
26. ‘Proof’ in alcoholic drinks is:
A. Equal to the percentage of alcohol contents
B. 12/13 parts of alcohol percentage
C. Twice the percentage of alcohol contents
D. 8% of alcoholic percentage
Ans.- C. Twice the percentage of alcohol contents
“Proof” is a two-fold liquor directly by volume.
27. Work of first responding officer at crime scene is/are:
i. Medical assistance to victim
ii. To take in custody to suspect at or nearby crime scene
iii. Protection of crime scene
iv. Collection of evidences from crime scene Chose the correct combination
|A. i and ii||B. ii and iv|
|C. i, ii, and iii||D. i, iii, iv|
Ans.- C. i, ii, and iii
28. Which one of the following is an ionization source for GC-MS:
A. Atmospheric Pressure photo ionization (APPI)
B. Atmospheric Pressure Chemical ionization (APCI)
C. Electron Impact Ionization (EIO)
D. Electron Spray Ionization (ESI)
Ans.- C. Electron Impact Ionization (EIO)
29. Identify the correct order, in which various components of X-ray diffractometer are placed:
A. X-ray generating equipment, Collimators, Analyzing crystal, Filters, Detector
B.X-ray generating equipment, Collimators, Filters , Analyzing crystal, Detector
C. X-ray generating equipment, Filters , Analyzing crystal, Collimators, Detector
D. X-ray generating equipment, Analyzing crystal, Filters , Collimators, Detector
Ans.- D. X-ray generating equipment, Analyzing crystal, Filters, Collimators, Detector.
30. Statement 1 (S1):- Walker’s test gives pink colour on the swab collected from area suspected to have firearm residue:
Statement 2 (S2):- The pink colour is due to presence of ‘Nitrite’ is the firearm discharge residue
Choose the correct answer:
|A. S1 is correct, S2 is wrong||B. Both are Correct|
|C. S1 wrong, S2 correct||D. Both wrong|
Ans.- B. Both are Correct
This is used for the detection of nitrites in the partially burnt and unburnt propellants. In this test Appearance of pink or bright red colour indicates the presence of nitrite compounds.