Note : This paper contains hundred (100) objective type questions of two (2) marks each. All questions are compulsory.
1.The plant protected under Wildlife (Protection) Act is:
|A. Saussurea costus||B. Papaver somniferum|
|C. Shorea robusta||D. Tectona grandis|
Ans.- A. Saussurea costus
Following Specified Plants have been listed in Schedule VI:
- Beddomes’ cycad (Cycas beddomei)
- Blue Vanda (Vanda soerulec)
- Kuth (Saussurea lappa)
- Ladies slipper orchids (Paphiopedilum spp.)
- Pitcher plant (Nepenthes khasiana)
- Red Vanda (Rananthera imschootiana)]
2. In gas chromatography technique, which of the following gases is not suitable?
|A. Helium||B. Nitrogen|
|C. Oxygen||D. Argon|
Ans.- C. Oxygen
Commonly used gases include Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Helium, Argon, and Carbon dioxide.
3. Match List-1 with List2
|a. Writing weakness marked by irregular shaky strokes||i. Pen emphasis|
|b. The element of writing movement||ii. Shading|
|c. The act of intermittently forcing the pen against the paper||iii. Tremor|
|d. The widening of pen stroke due to added pressure on a flexible pen nib.||iv. Rhythm|
Choose the correct option from those given below:
|A.||a- i||b- iii||c- iv||d- ii|
|B.||a- ii||b- i||c – iii||d- iv|
|C.||a. iv||b- ii||c- i||d- iii|
|D.||a. iii||b- iv||c- i||d- ii|
Rhythm: Rhythm is a flow of writing movement which also reflect the natural beats and patterns.
Tremors: Tremors are considered as writing weakness caused by irregular shaky strokes due to age, psychological effects, surface, instrument, impersonation, etc.
Shading: The widening of pen stroke due to added pressure on a flexible pen nib by the person at the time of writing is called shading.
Pen emphasis: The act of forcing the pen against the paper while writing.
4. The traditional printing method of relief printing is also known as:
|A. Intaglio printing||B. Letter press printing|
|C. Lithographic Printing||D. Gravure printing|
Ans.- B. Letter press printing
5. Microscopic examination of leaves of which of the following plants shows the presence of cystolithic and glandular hair:
|A. Digitalis purpurea||B. Cannabis sativa|
|C. Papaver somniferum||D. Nicotiana tabacum|
Ans.- B. Cannabis sativa
Cannabis sativa also known as Marijuana is a very famous plant and analyzed in many forensic laboratories. This plant is mainly identifies by trichomes on plant particles which is also called Cystolithic hairs. These hairs contain calcium carbonate
6. Emulsion is a coating on all photographic films and papers consisting of light sensitive silver salt in a:
|A. Salt mineral medium||B. Gelatin medium|
|C. Mineral fat medium||D. Glass mineral medium|
Ans.- B. Gelatin medium
7. For determination of stature which of the following formulae rule can be utilized?
i.) Dupertuis and Hadden formula
ii.) Trotter and Gleser Formula
iii.) Widmark Formula
iv.) Pearson Formula
|A. i, ii, iv||B. ii, iii, iv|
|C. i, iii, iv||D. i, ii , iii|
Ans.– A. i, ii, iv
8. Which of the following section of Indian Evidence act-1872 describe ‘Dying Declaration’?
|A. Section 45||B. Section 47|
|C. Section 39||D. Section 32|
Ans.- D. Section 32
Section 45 in The Indian Evidence Act, 1872. (a) The question is, whether the death of A was caused by poison. The opinions of experts as to the symptoms produced by the poison by which A is supposed to have died are relevant. Read More…
Section 47 in The Indian Evidence Act, 1872. Opinion as to handwriting, when relevant.—When the Court has to form an opinion as to the person by whom any document was written or signed… Read more…
Section 39 in The Indian Evidence Act, 1872. What evidence to be given when statement forms part of a conversation, document, electronic record, book or series of letters or papers.
Section 32 in The Indian Evidence Act, 1872. 1 when it relates to cause of death. —When the statement is made by a person as to the cause of his death, or as to any of the circumstances of the transaction which resulted in his death, in cases in which the cause of that person’s death comes into question.
9. The outer terminus in a pattern formed by either bifurcation of ridge or by the widening of the two ridges running parallel up to the point is called:
|A. Bifurcation||B. Delta|
|C. Divergence||D. Core|
Ans.- B. Delta
Bifurcation-The point or area at which something divides into two branches or parts.
Delta- Delta is a Triangular shape in loop and whorl prints.
Divergence- A divergence is the spreading of two lines separately running parallel or nearly parallel.
Core- A core is a Centre area of fingerprint formed by a ridge that loops back on itself.
10. Which one of the followings are not associated with Computer Scanning Process and Fingerprint capturing:
|A. Indexing||B. Restriction|
|C. Feature Extraction||D. Segmentation|
Ans.- B. Restriction