11. In which of the method, Hollow-Cathode lamp is used as radiation source?
(A) Atomic absorption spectrophotometer
(B) UV-Vis spectrophotometer
(C) IR spectrophotometer
(D) Raman spectrophotometer
12. A lens with a variable focal length is known as:
(A) Normal lens
(B) Telephoto lens
(C) Wide angle lens
(D) Zoom lens
13. X-ray spectra are quite simple because
(A) they result from transition between energy levels of the innermost electrons
(B) they result from transition between every levels of the outermost electrons
(C) they result from transition between energy levels of middle orbital electrons
(D) no change in transition levels of electrons
14. Spherical aberration means
(A) that all portions of a lens have common focus
(B) that inner and outer areas of lens do not have common focus
(C) that the lens corrected for two wavelengths of radiation
(D) it is corrected for three wavelengths of radiation
15. Detectors in IR spectrophotometry include the following:
(a) Golay detector
(b) Electron capture detector
(A) (a) and (b) are correct.
(B) (b) and (c) are correct.
(C) (c) and (d) are correct.
(D) (a) and (d) are correct.
16. Which of the following would be considered individual evidence?
17. The sex of an individual can be determined by the following, except
(A) X-Y chromosome
(C) Protein pattern
(D) Testosterone/Estradiol ratio
18. Which of the following factor is not assumed by Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium?
(A) The population is infinitely large.
(B) Mating in non-random.
(C) No mutation
(D) No migration
19. Two arms composed mainly of DNA and held together by centromere is
20. A nucleotide consist of
(A) Nucleic acids, RNA and DNA
(B) Sugar, Phosphate and one of the four chemicals – A, T, G, C
(C) Messenger RNA and transfer RNA
(D) Adenine, Thymine, Guanine and Cytosine