1. Magistrate Inquest is done in the following cases:
(a) Death in road accident
(b) Death caused by drowning
(d) Death in prison
(A) (a) and (c) are correct.
(B) (a) and (d) are correct.
(C) (c) and (d) are correct.
(D) (b) and (d) are correct.
2. The Bureau of Police Research and Development is situated in
(A) New Delhi
3. The following persons helped Sir E.R. Henry in ten digit fingerprint classification:
(b) Hemchand Bose
(d) Azizul Haq
(A) (b) and (c) are correct.
(B) (d) and (c) are correct.
(C) (b) and (d) are correct.
(D) (a) and (b) are correct.
4. Assertion (A): While dispatching the exhibit to the Forensic Science Laboratory the sample of the seal used on packed exhibits is also dispatched along – with exhibits.
Reason (R): It helps in ascertaining the chain of custody in investigation.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are incorrect.
(B) Both (A) and (R) are correct.
(C) (A) is correct, but (R) is incorrect.
(D) (A) is incorrect, but (R) is correct.
5. The control soil sample should be collected within the distance of _______ of the questioned soil spot.
(A) 1 inch
(B) 3-4 inches
(C) 8 inches
(D) 1 feet
6. Arrange the following steps of crime investigation in proper sequence:
(i) Collection and despatch of evidence to Forensic Science Laboratory.
(ii) First Information Report.
(iii) Photography of scene of crime.
(iv) Protection of scene of crime.
(A) ii, iv, iii, i
(B) i, iv, ii, iii
(C) ii, iv, i, iii
(D) iii, i, ii, iv
7. These are sketching methods in crime scene, except
(A) Rectangular co-ordinate method
(B) Spiral method
(C) Triangular co-ordinate method
(D) Polar co-ordinate method
8. Sodium-halide-bromide cell window are used in
(A) IR spectrometry
(B) UV spectrometry
(C) Raman spectrometry
(D) Atomic absorption spectrometry
9. In X-ray spectroscopy, atoms are excited by
(A) Direct bombardment with electrons
(B) Bombardment with protons
(C) Irradiation with X-rays of shorter wavelengths
(D) All the above
10. Bertrand lens is a part of the following microscope:
(B) Comparison microscope
(C) Polarising microscope
(D) Fluorescence microscope