11. Root calcification of 1st permanent molar begins at:
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
Ans.: 1. Birth
Explanation: The permanent teeth begin to develop at approximately four months of age in utero. Maxillary and mandibular first molars begin to calcify at birth. They are the first to begin calcification.
12. Allele frequency in population genetics using DNA analysis is calculated to:
- Count the stutter bands.
- Count the number of times each allele is observed.
- Count the number of markers used.
- Count the number of dyes used.
Ans.: 2. Count the number of times each allele is observed.
Explanation: Allele frequency refers to how common an allele is in a population. It is determined by counting how many times the allele appears in the population then dividing by the total number of copies of the gene.
13. Earliest putrefactive change is:
- Greenish discoloration of Right iliac fossa
- Colliquative putrefaction
- Post mortem blisters
Ans.: 2. Greenish discoloration of Right iliac fossa
Explanation: The earliest external sign of putrefaction is the greenish discoloration of the skin of the anterior abdominal wall in the right iliac fossa region.
14. If a person is improperly admitted or detained in a psychiatric hospital, punishment is:
- imprisonment of 1 year or rs.1000 fine or both
- imprisonment of 2 years or rs.1000 fine or both
- Fine of rs. 5,000
- Imprisonment of 24 hours
Ans.: 2. Imprisonment of 2 years or rs.1000 fine or both
Explanation: Section 83 of The Mental Health Act, 1987- Penalty for improper reception of mentally ill person. — Any person who receives or detains or keeps a mentally ill person in a psychiatric hospital or psychiatric nursing home otherwise than in accordance with the provisions of this Act, shall, on conviction, be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years or with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees, or with both.
15. Rohypnol is used in which of the following?
- To detect traces of blood.
- As a date rape drug.
- To detect fecal stains.
- To detect impotency
Ans.: 2. As a date rape drug.
Explanation: Rohypnol also known as roofies, roach, forget-me pill, date rape drug, R-2, rope, circles, wolfies. Many teen girls and women report having been raped after having rohypnol slipped into their drinks. The drug also causes “anterograde amnesia.” This means it’s hard to remember what happened while on the drug.
16. Paltauf’s haemorrhages are seen in:
- Fall from height
- Cyanide poisoning
Ans.: 2. Drowning
Explanation: In case of Drowning. the lungs show large sub pleural hemorrhages produced due to rupture of the intra alveolar partitions beneath the pleura which are called Paltauf’s hemorrhage.
17. Medullary index of human hair is:
- less than 1/3
- more than 1/2 but less than 3/4
- more than 1/3 but less than 1/2
- more than 3/4
Ans.: 1. less than 1/3
Explanation: Medullary index has been in use for determining the species origin of hair. In human hair the index is 0.3 or less in human while in animals it is more than 0.3 .
18. Ossification center for Patella in males appears at the age of:
- 2 months intrauterine life
- 1½ – 4 years
- 14 years
- 40 years
Ans.: 2. 1½ – 4 years
Explanation: According to Dr. Eric Edmonds of Rady Children’s Hospital, most children’s kneecaps begin to ossify — turn from cartilage into bone — between the ages of 2 and 6. This is a slow process that takes many years.
19. MS can be easily coupled with:
Ans.: 2. GC
Explanation: Applications of GC-MS include drug detection, fire investigation, environmental analysis, explosives investigation, and identification of unknown samples, including that of material samples obtained from planet Mars during probe missions as early as the 1970s. GC-MS can also be used in airport security to detect substances in luggage or on human beings.
20. In NAA, the choice of irradiation and counting condition depends on:
- Only on element to be analyzed
- Only on sample matrix
- Both on element to be analyzed and sample matrix
- Does not depend on element to be analyzed and sample matrix
Ans.: 3. Both on element to be analyzed and sample matrix