1. The double-base propellant was invented by Nobel by gelatinisation of nitrocellulose with:
- Ether-alcohol mixture
Ans.: 3. Nitroglycerine
Explanation: Double-base propellant an explosive powder is contains nitrocellulose and nitroglycerin as the essential components.
2. Triangular cross section is seen in which type of hair?
- Scalp hair
- Beard hair
Ans.: 4. Beard hair
Explanation: Beard Hair is often coarse and triangular in cross section.
3. Number of teeth in a Child’s mouth is 6. His most likely age is:
- 2 months
- 10 months
- 1½ year
- 2 years
Ans.: 2. 10 months
4. The slurry explosives are based on:
- Ammonium Nitrate
- Potassium Chlorate
Ans.: 3. Ammonium Nitrate
Explanation: Slurry explosives essentially contain an inorganic oxidizer’s water solution such as ammonium nitrate.
5. Battery cup is associated with which of the following ?
- Shotgun Cartridge
- Rim-fire Cartridge
- Center-fire rifle Cartridge
- Pin-fire Cartridge
Ans.: 1. Shotgun Cartridge
Explanation: Battery cup primers are used exclusively in shotgun ammunition.
6. Green colour code on time pencil indicates that the explosion will occur after approximately:
- 30 minutes
- 5 hours
- 12 hours
- 30 hours
Ans.: 2. 5 hours
7. A plastic explosive “Kirkee” is essentially the following explosive:
- 2, 4, 6 Trinitrophenyl methyl Nitramine
- 2, 4, 6 Trinitrophenol
- 2, 4, 6 Trinitrotoluene
- Cyclo Trimethylene Trinitramine
Ans.: 2, 4, 6 Trinitrophenyl methyl Nitramine
8. In the manufacture of glass, sodium carbonate is added to sand to:
- Reduce its melting point
- Prevent glass from dissolving in water
- Give it greater durability
- Reduce viscosity
Ans.: 1. Reduce its melting point
Explanation: By adding sodium carbonate, the melting point of the sand is reduced so it can be transformed into glass at low temperatures and conserve energy during manufacturing.
9. Acid phosphatase is ____, secreted by prostate gland into seminal fluid.
Ans.: 2. Enzyme
Explanation: Prostatic acid phosphatase (PAP), also prostatic specific acid phosphatase (PSAP), is an enzyme produced by the prostate. It may be found in increased amounts in men who have prostate cancer or other diseases.
10. The cuticle, outer zone of hair, consists of:
Ans.: 4. Keratin
Explanation: The cuticle or outer coat is the outermost region of the hair shaft. It consists of several layers of flat, thin keratinocytes or keratin that overlap each other like shingles on one roof. This arrangement helps repel water of the cuticle.