Dombivli case – 15yr old girl gangraped by 33 people

Again, a heinous rape incident has left the entire country under shock. A case of gangrape by over 30 men with a minor girl was complained in Manpada police station by a victim and her family members with help of social worker of a NGO on Wednesday night, 22 September 2021.

Victim, 15 year old girl who accused a 20 year old man whose name is Vijay Fukey, he allegedly raped her in January and he make a video of that incident to blackmail her. After that she was gangraped by chain of people multiple times over period of nine months.

Whole incident stated by victim to police

Victim stated to police that, she met Vijay Fukey through his acquaintance and they started chat through Instagram after that they exchanged their phone numbers.

On January 29 around 9:40 am, Vijay telephoned victim and asked her to meet at a temple in Dombivli. Around 11 am she went to temple and there Vijay was waiting for her in his friend Chetan Rathod’s rickshaw then vijay & victim went one of Vijay’ friend Bhavesh Mhaske’s house in rickshaw. Vijay also picked Tushar Kashbe along the way. In Mhaske’s house, victim was raped & Tushar kasbe made a video of that incident in his phone.After that victim went home back and she was so frightened and did not tell anything to her parents. She deleted all numbers of Vijay and his acquaintances from her phone and stopped communicating.

In February, Vijay telephoned her and blackmailed her to meet him. She got frightened and went to meet him and then Vijay took her in Ashish Gaikwad’s house, one of the accused. Victim told to police that there other accused Atish Gaikwad, Tushar Kasbe, Chetan Rathod, Pintu Pal, Sumit Tayade and a minor were present there in Ashish’s house. Then she was forced to consume a drink and when she refused, she was frightened by Vijay that, “If you are not going to drink, I will send you home without clothes.” She consumed that drink and lost her consciousness. And when she regained consciousness, she felt extreme pain in her genitals. By 6: 30 pm she was dropped back near her house by Tushar kasbe.

After that they communicate her continuously & forced her to meet them but victim refused everytime, by saying that she was not well.

On march 22, Vijay again threatened her that if she did not come then he would make the video ‘viral’ and then she had to agree to meet him. Then Vijay took her in Ashish Gaikwad’s house in Chetan’s rickshaw. According to victim’s statement to police, there in Ashish’s house 15 men were present there apart from Vijay & Chetan. Again, victim was drugged & raped by all of them. She saw that Sahil was giving two notes of Rs 500 to Ashish & Vijay, when she regained her consciousness. Then she was dropped near her house by Tushar & Ashish.

Those 15 accused were identified by police as Swapnil Kadam, Sahil Mhatre, Jay Shengde, Gaurav Mali, Dheeraj Patil, Tanish Sonawane, Akshay Pawar, Dipal Sakpal, Anup and a minor.

In Victim’s statement, after that she started to get calls from unknown numbers and demanding her to meet them.

On May 5 , a minor one of the accused telephoned and asked her to meet him but she refused. Then Pintu Pal came her house and blackmailed her by showing copy of the video and to make that video public. Then child went with him at a house where Atish, minor and three men were present there. Those three were identified as Omkar Gunjal, Kailash Gaikwad, and Yogesh. Victim was forced to smoke a hookah and after that she was raped by them. Then victim stated to police, after that at 6:30 pm, she was taken to Ashish’s home where five men again raped her. Those five men were- Ashish, Chetan, Tushar, Sumit and Prasad Bhise. Same day at 10:30 pm, Atish and Sumit took her to Raj Patil’s home in Wadavali and allegedly raped by Raj. Next day on may 6, Atish dropped her near her house around 3 pm.

Victim’s mother had filed a complaint in Manpada police station of missing her daughter. Police officers asked for picture of her daughter and did not file her complaint by stating that they cannot file complaint before 24 hours of missing. Victim in her statement stated to police that she did not tell her parents anything about last night.

On May 16, Tanish Sonavane, telephoned her and blackmailed her to meet him. Then victim went with Tansih and Rahul Devare with him to a house in Navi Mumbai. There she forced to drink alcohol and then raped by eight men which were already present in that house. Those accused were identified as Sandip Jadhav, Suraj Patil, Darshan Jadhav, Rahul, Tanish Sonavane, Rahul Devare. Then she dropped near her house by Tanish in evening.

On July 27, Jitesh and Ashok took victim with them to a farmhouse in Murbad and raped her.

On her birthday September 22, she was getting lots of phone calls but she was hesitating to pick calls and talking to them. Her maternal aunt was noticing her and then she took victim to her house and kept a watch on her. And her aunt took victim into confidence and then victim shared all incidents.

Her aunt and her husband contacted a local NGO and after that they planned to caught accused red- handed. According to plan, victim contacted the accused and then victim was picked by accused near her house and took her in auto rickshaw. Victim was sharing her location via GPS and accused’s autorickshaw was followed by social worker and her aunt through auto, But auto rickshaw of social worker and aunt got punctured and the failed in their plan. Then they contacted with police and asked for help to rescue victim. By the time police arrived at location, only two accused were present their and other accused had fled after raping the victim. After that other accused were caught by police from different places.

Victim was hospitalized soon after.

Thane police setup a special investigation team to solve the matter which is headed by ACP Sonali Dhole. On basis of complaint, case against the 33 accused under sec 376, 376(N), 376(3), 376(D) (A) of IPC and under sec 4, 6, and 10 of POSCO(Protection of Child from Sexual Offences) Act.

Kalyan court on 4 October, remanded 22 accused to judicial custody. The special investigation team seeking an extension of their custody , by probing the case further it will help to get information from accused by taking them to the crime spots. But court turned down special investigating team demand.

error: Content is protected !!