Answer: [A] 8
Explanation: The following kinds of hurt only are designated as “grievous”:
- First — Emasculation.
- Secondly — Permanent privation of the sight of either eye.
- Thirdly — Permanent privation of the hearing of either ear.
- Fourthly — Privation of any member or joint.
- Fifthly — Destruction or permanent impairing of the powers of any member or joint.
- Sixthly— Permanent disfiguration of the head or face.
- Seventhly— Fracture or dislocation of a bone or tooth.
- Eighthly— Any hurt which endangers life or which causes the sufferer to be during the space of twenty days in severe bodily pain, or unable to follow his ordinary pursuits.