It was invented and patented by John Forsyth. It was invented in 18 century. It is also termed a cap lock gun. In this, a small primer charge of gun powder is used in all preceding firearms. But now it was replaced by a completely self-contained explosive charge in a small brass cap. Cap was fastened to the touch hole of the gun (extended to form a tube) and ignited by the impact of the gun’s hammer.
Hammer was hollow on the one end to fit around the cap and keep the cap from fragmenting and injuring the shooter.
Once the hammer was struck the flame from the cap, in turn, ignited the main charge of gun powders as with the flintlock but there was no longer any need to charge the touch hole with gun powder and even better the touch hole was no longer exposed to the elements.
- Personal Identification Technique and their Importance in determination of Age and Sex
- Comparative Skeletal Anatomy of Human and Non-Human
- Brief History of Forensic Firearms Identification
- Human Anatomy (A Complete Overview)
- Cement Analysis in Forensic Science
- Restoration of Erased Markings on Metal Surfaces
- Paper Chromatography
- The culprit turned out to be a’serial killer’ as police investigated the murder of a BA student.
- Instruments used in Ballistics
- Forensic Ballistics – Case Study