It was invented and patented by John Forsyth. It was invented in 18 century. It is also termed a cap lock gun. In this, a small primer charge of gun powder is used in all preceding firearms. But now it was replaced by a completely self-contained explosive charge in a small brass cap. Cap was fastened to the touch hole of the gun (extended to form a tube) and ignited by the impact of the gun’s hammer.
Hammer was hollow on the one end to fit around the cap and keep the cap from fragmenting and injuring the shooter.
Once the hammer was struck the flame from the cap, in turn, ignited the main charge of gun powders as with the flintlock but there was no longer any need to charge the touch hole with gun powder and even better the touch hole was no longer exposed to the elements.
- How To Become A Forensic Anthropologist?
- How To Become a Fingerprint Examiner?
- Man is cut into 10 pieces in Delhi by his wife and son.
- How To Become a Junior Scientific Officer in Forensic Science Laboratory?
- Types Of Fingerprint Patterns
- Direct Recruitment in FSL, Bihar (2022)
- Mother and Son Murdered Ex-Navy Man and Chopped his Body into 6 Pieces.
- How To Get Internship in Forensic Field
- Man, Wife, Neighbor and Movie-Inspired Murder
- Man cuts his live-in partner into 35 pieces and throws them at forest area of Delhi |forensicfield