It was invented and patented by John Forsyth. It was invented in 18 century. It is also termed a cap lock gun. In this, a small primer charge of gun powder is used in all preceding firearms. But now it was replaced by a completely self-contained explosive charge in a small brass cap. Cap was fastened to the touch hole of the gun (extended to form a tube) and ignited by the impact of the gun’s hammer.
Hammer was hollow on the one end to fit around the cap and keep the cap from fragmenting and injuring the shooter.
Once the hammer was struck the flame from the cap, in turn, ignited the main charge of gun powders as with the flintlock but there was no longer any need to charge the touch hole with gun powder and even better the touch hole was no longer exposed to the elements.
- Notes On Poisons And Poisoning
- E-Magazine of Forensic Science (June 2022)
- Biometrics and Cyber Security
- Password And Cyber Security
- Types of Password attacks and how to stop them?
- External Storage Devices
- Call For Chapters
- Approaches to forensic tools and procedures for absolute human identification based on physical and molecular principles
- Cut damage induced by a sharp object on cotton clothes is detected through SEM analysis
- Algorithms for reconstructing fingerprints