It was invented and patented by John Forsyth. It was invented in 18 century. It is also termed a cap lock gun. In this, a small primer charge of gun powder is used in all preceding firearms. But now it was replaced by a completely self-contained explosive charge in a small brass cap. Cap was fastened to the touch hole of the gun (extended to form a tube) and ignited by the impact of the gun’s hammer.
Hammer was hollow on the one end to fit around the cap and keep the cap from fragmenting and injuring the shooter.
Once the hammer was struck the flame from the cap, in turn, ignited the main charge of gun powders as with the flintlock but there was no longer any need to charge the touch hole with gun powder and even better the touch hole was no longer exposed to the elements.
- Forensic Science E-Magazine (June-July 2023)
- Acquiring Windows Operating System Credentials Through Bitlocker: A Digital Forensic Approach
- Cyanide Mohan: The Gruesome Tale of India’s Dreaded Serial Killer
- Who is Jane Doe?
- Challenges and Solutions in the field of Forensic Anthropology
- The Horrifying Crimes of Pedro Lopez: Unmasking the Monster of the Andes and Analyzing his Psychological Profile”
- Silent Poison: Unraveling the Deadly Secrets (A Short Story)
- Marine Forensics: When Environment Meets Forensics
- Forensic Science E-Magazine (May 2023)
- How To Get A Job In Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)