In this discipline Professionals apply their knowledge of science to analyze the evidence found at a crime scene and to assist the legal system. An analysis could involve anything from an object at the crime scene to fingerprints, body fluids, bones, saliva, DNA traces, trace evidences, digital data, etc.
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
M.Sc. in Forensic Science is a 2-year full-time post-graduate course which is divided into 4 semesters.
M.Sc. in Forensic Science is designed for both graduate students and forensic practitioners.
- Minimum eligibility criteria for M.Sc. in Forensic Science course may vary across institutes.
- Primarily, the criteria include:
- Bachelor’s degree in science/engineering/ pharmacy/ medicine, obtained from a recognized university.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50-60% at the level of graduation (vary across institutes).
- The merit list for admission to the course is usually prepared on the basis of the candidate’s performance in a relevant qualifying examination and entrance exam. General weightage is given to both the score obtained in the entrance exam, and to the score obtained in the last qualifying examination.
- The round of written test is often followed by subsequent rounds of Group Discussion and Personal Interview.(depends on universities)
Who Should Opt ?
- Good academic skills with fundamental knowledge of various fields of science is necessary.
- Some others skills are given below:
- Good hold on science subjects,
- Logical and Independent mind,
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail in one’s nature of work,
- Observation and Scientific skills,
- Patience and concentration,
- Ability to work under pressure for long hours,
- Team spirit, strong written and spoken communication skills.
Here follows a list of some universities and colleges in India that offer M.Sc. Forensic science ::
Watch it🤳, share it ✌and subscribe it 👇 : –