Question- What is Chemistry?
Answer- Chemistry is an integral part of Science.
Question- What is Forensic Chemistry?
Answer- Forensic Chemistry applies Chemical Principles and it’s Concept to analyze physical or biological evidences to assist Law and Criminal Justice.
Question- What is Forensic Chemist?
Answer- Forensic Chemists performs different test and methods to identify and analyze different types of evidences to assist legal justice system.
Question- What are the areas of forensic chemistry in forensic science?
Answer- Areas of Applications of Forensic Chemistry
- Explosives and Gun Shot Residue (GSR)
- Inorganic and organic Analysis
- Drugs and Toxic Substances
- Biological samples
- Deoxyribonucleic Acid
- Documents, Etc.
Question- What is the Scope & Significance of Forensic Chemistry ?
Answer- there are lots of Scope & Significance of Forensic Chemistry in legal &judiciary system. Some of these are given below:
- Analysis of dyes, paints, inks, fillers, Binders and various other chemicals.
- Adulteration in building materials, such as; cement, bricks, sand, rods, etc.
- Examination of metal alloys and metal fragments.
- Analysis of Drugs or Narcotic Drugs.
- Analysis and examination of Pesticides & Insecticides.
- Analysis of Explosive, Firearms & Ammunition.
- Determination of Alcohol in body fluids(Blood, Urine).
- Examination of petroleum products, inflammable material
- Analysis of Forgery in Suspected Document, such as ; ink, paper, binders, etc.
Question- How Forensic Chemists Examine Exhibits/Samples?
Answer- Exhibits/Samples are examine in various steps by forensic chemists, which are;
- When question samples are submitted for analysis the first task of examiner is to identify the sample by sensory tests, simple physical and chemical methods so they can differentiate the sample and categorize it.
- Then Suspected Composition Is Confirmed By suitable Confirmatory Test which will be done to confirm the particular substance.
- After That It Will Be Confirm By Specific Chemical Techniques Or Instruments.
Question- What chemical techniques do Forensic Chemists use?
Answer- Various Instruments are used for Specific micro-chemical analysis by which the evidences are properly examined and elucidate, such as;
- Gas Chromatography (GC)
- UV-IR Spectrophotometers
- Fourier Transform InfraRed Spectrometer (FT-IR)
- Liquid Chromatography (LC)
- Gas-Liquid Chromatography (GLC)
- High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MC)
- Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (LC-MC)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR)
- Neutron Activation Analysis (NAA), etc.