I pleased to invite you to contribute the book chapters for our upcoming book entitled, “Expert’s Handbook on Forensic Toxicology: Analytical Orientation”. The main criterion for acceptance is a clear connection for a lay reader between: “forensic”, “law”, and “education”.
This book elaborates all major elements of forensic toxicology and analytical toxicology techniques as well as the important pats of pharmaceutics, drug metabolism along with complete entails on poisons and methods of detection. An additional effort can be found in terms of relevant case studies as case studies are necessary component when it comes to in-depth analysis. Also, relevant MCQs are the purposeful add on(s).
► Introduction to toxicology (History, Modern toxicology, Case study with significance of toxicology domain development, Classification of poison, Toxicity and types)
► Mechanism, measurement and Effects of toxicity
(Including the basic terminologies as in ED50, LD 50, NOAEL, LOAEL, Threshold point, daily acceptance dosage, etc.)
► Dose response relationship: Diagnosis of Poisoning and Treatment (Sign & symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, Autopsy findings, Medicolegal Aspects)
- Pyrethrins & Pyrethroids
- Aluminium Phosphate
All essential chemical/spot/field tests and Confirmatory tests for various poison detection (Must include all Essential reagent preparation)
► Instrumental Analysis of Pesticide
- Sample Extraction and clean up (LLE, Separatory funnel extraction, Automated soxhlet Extraction, Super critical Fluid Extraction, Solid Phase Extraction, Solid Phase Micro extraction, ASE, PLE, MAE, Quechers Method)
- HPLC, HPTLC, TLC analysis
- GC Analysis (including HSGC, Pyrolysis GC and other variations)
- Miscellaneous techniques (ion chromatography, size exclusion chromatography etc.)
► Case Studies (Different Pesticide groups specifically), Other medicolegal cases with toxicological significance (Organophosphate Poisoning, Organophosphorus Poisoning, Pyrethroid Poisoning, Abamectin Poisoning, Imidacloprid Poisoning, Quinalphos Poisoning)
- Abstract (Minimum 200 Words) along with 5 Minimum Keywords,
- Final paper in following format:
- Abstract (Not more than 200 words)
- Body of the paper
- 10-25 pages allowed.
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address.
- Co-authorship is allowed for this call for chapters.
- Chapter should be in Times New Roman 12 point font and double spaced.
- Main Title should be in full capitals, bold and centered 12 point font.
- Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold and 12 point font.
- Author’s names should be in small capitals and centered 12 point font Footnotes should be in Times New Roman 12 point font;
- All the contributions for the call for chapters should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Publication.
- Any plagiarized work will be out-rightly rejected. Plagiarism more than 10% will strictly be rejected.
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010);
- The paper must be in single column lay out with margins justified on both sides;
How to Submit
All Contributions must be submitted to email@example.com.
There is no registration or submission fee for the call for chapters. (contributors can acquire hard copy of the book by contacting publisher and paying the price of the book).
For queries, write at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your time.